Cabin to cabin-adventures in Langsua national park
Read moreActivity Level Beginner
Group Size Max group size
Backcountry skiing course in the national park
Start your winter adventure on backcountry skis in the forecourt of Jotunheimen. This course gives you a thorough introduction to skiing techniques and mountain safety and teaches you how to plan future trips yourself.
Summer pathways have been erased, and you’re about to make our own trail in the snow. You will use backcountry skis to get from cabin to cabin while teaching backcountry skiing techniques and safety in the mountains during winter. This course is designed for those of you who are interested in winter activities, but don’t necessarily have experi- ence with long ski trips.
The National Park is a large mountain area between Valdres and Gausdal with a slightly hilly terrain with loads of spruce, pine and birch forest and high mountains. The terrain is generally soft and rolling, which makes it a friendly place – even for beginners.
- Guided backcountry skiing course in the national park
- Get a thorough introduction to mountain safety and skiing techniques
- Stay at DNT- cabins
- 6x accommodation in DNT cabins
- All meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Experienced and well-prepared guide 24/7
- Safety equipment rental all days (first aid kit, bothy bag, emergency transmitter and snow shovels)
During this trip you will be staying at different DNT cabins (The Nor- wegian trekking association). The cabins are of simple standards, but cosy and well-equipped. All beds have mattresses, and the cabins have wood-burning stoves and gas burners.
Terms and conditionsSuptitel
- Group size: Min. 4, max. 7
- Available from 27/2-13/3, 2021
Arrival at Espedalen
- Arrival and check-in at Espedalen Fjellstue.
- In the evening you’ll have dinner, and meet and greet.
- You’ll start off the day with a short presentation, and a matching of expectations for the week.
- After the introduction, you’ll take a short day trip to warm up on the skies and learn, or refresh, basic techniques for moving forward, up and down and stopping
- In the afternoon: go through equipment for winter tours and talk about maps and compass.
- Now it’s time to go on a full day trip, off the beaten track. You will focus on getting to know your skis, snow conditions and enjoying the new environment.
- In the afternoon, you’ll be packing equipment and food for your cabin tour.
It’s time to leave for your 3-day tour! For the remainder of the week, you will go from cabin to cabin. These are DNT cabins; they are simple but good and well-equipped. All beds have mattresses, and the cabins have wood-burning stoves and gas burners.
To give you a feeling of being alone in the wilderness, you will most of the time move outside the beaten tracks. You will help each other make tracks, and you’ll have the opportunity to learn how to take bearings with compass and maps to make you comfortable with that.
You’ll be back at your starting point on Friday afternoon. There’ll be time for a bath and some relaxation before you will share a meal as the perfect end to a good week.
- Check-out and departure after breakfast